Kids and sleeping… It’s never easy. And often a tiny bit of light can go a long way. Here are the issues that I am tackling in this project:
- I’m afraid in the dark. Can you leave on a light?
- I want to read a little more… can I?
- Can I wake up already? (younger kids can’t read a clock yet)
- Light alarm clock
- Clock display
- Night light (bad dream, toilet run, …)
- Wemos Lolin 32
- NTP for clock sync
- WiFi for config panel
- Capacative touch for button
- RGB LED-strip
- 7 segment clock display
- Some custom laser cutting for the case
Additionally, this is a coding challenge for myself, trying to tackle this small IoT project respecting secure coding standards.
Images and details will follow…